How to behave if we don’t want to go to a party, date or meeting, but at the same time don’t want to be rude? Of course, to make excuses! All of us have made excuses at least once! CleverHumanity has collected six of the most common excuses people come up with:
- Sorry, I would love to come, but I feel kind of sick. I might have caught a cold and have a temperature.
- Oh, I have already promised my family to have a dinner with them ( if not family, it can be a boyfriend/girlfriend, or some other friend of yours). Or, I have been invited somewhere else before you called
- I have to study/work
- I have some issues with my car, it doesn’t start.
- I have unexpected guests, I can’t leave them
- I am so tired and I have to be at work early in the morning tomorrow
The list can be very long here, but these are the most common excuses people make. However, when making an excuse, be sure that your listeners will usually realize you are lying. So, next time you don’t want to go somewhere, maybe you should simply tell the true reason!